Deploying Big Data Analytics Applications to the Cloud: Roadmap for Success
Big Data focuses on achieving deep business value from deployment of advanced analytics and trustworthy data at Internet scales.
Deploying Big Data Analytics Applications to the Cloud: Roadmap for Success provides guidance to cloud service customer organizations in all industries on how best to deploy new and existing Big Data analytics applications to the cloud. As private and public cloud deployments become more prevalent, it will be critical for end-user organizations to have a clear understanding of Big Data application requirements, tool capabilities, and best practices for implementation.
This paper covers the following topics:
- Defines Big Data, analytic applications, and cloud deployment alternatives.
- Provides a description of the typical current Big Data analytics environment (i.e., what is the current progression to Big Data and/or cloud computing for the majority of enterprises and what are their primary issues).
- Provides a high-level description and decision criteria for the types of Big Data analytic applications that are appropriate to deploy to the cloud vs. the type of Big Data analytics applications which are not.
- Describes the principal use cases for Big Data in the cloud, including Big Data exploration, data warehouse augmentation, enhanced 360 degree view of the customer, operations analytics, security and intelligence analytics.
- Highlights the potential benefits of developing new and/or deploying existing Big Data analytics applications to the cloud.
- Articulates the challenges associated with deploying new and/or existing Big Data analytics applications to the cloud (challenges will vary depending on the type of Big Data analytics application which is being considered for deployment to the cloud).